Yoda’s Ice CreamApril 26, 2008 at 1:45 pm | Posted in avocado puree, Dessert | 15 Comments
What do you call Coconut Avocado Ice Cream when you are trying to sell it to 5 year olds? Yoda’s Ice Cream, of course.
I know, my poor kids, their mom has succumbed to the Dark Side. Muw-ha-ha-ha! I can hear Darth Vador laughing. Veggies in your ice cream!
And I’ll admit, it’s no Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. But for some reason the coconut and avocado actually work together. The ice cream is smooth and creamy. The flavors aren’t too intense. And my kids ate it! “Tastes like Yoda“, said my son. But he thought that maybe it should be called Jabba the Hut Ice Cream because of how it slimmed Darth Vador.
Coconut Avocado Ice Cream (aka Yoda’s Ice Cream)
(from All Recipes)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup coconut cream (I used a can labelled coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (1/2 pound) avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Puree milk, coconut cream, sugar, avocados, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Strain into a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours until cold. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions, then freeze overnight.
- Allow ice cream to soften in refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving.
And I have to dedicate Yoda’s Ice Cream to Jen, who commented, “Today at Costco I was very tempted to get an ice cream and I thought to myself, “would Karen?” and then I thought, “No, she’d probably make some from scratch and throw in some carrots or spinach to make it healthy.” Then I got grossed out and just kept walking past it.” I thought this was hilarious! And took it as a challenge!